SwiftStack Storage System
- SwiftStack Nodes - a tested and integrated runtime stack for OpenStack Swift.
- SwiftStack Controller - provides the deployment, management and operations tools required to run a mission-critical storage system.
SwiftStack Nodes is an integrated stack to enable an operator to to get up and running quickly. Once installed, a SwiftStack Node connects to the SwiftStack Controller, where it receives its configuration.
- Includes the latest, stable OpenStack Swift 1.7.5
- Installs on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
- Includes management and monitoring agents, load balancing, SSL-termination and authentication/authorization components
The SwiftStack Controller manages SwiftStack nodes from initial deployment to production. The SwiftStack Controller automatically configures and deploys availability zones based on hardware topology and preferences. The SwiftStack Nodes are instrumented to provide diagnostic monitoring data to the Controller, which significantly shortens the time to resolve potential bottlenecks and hardware failures.